IT must operate more like a business – one focused on strategy, client service, business objectives, and value-based outcomes. A more business-focused approach for IT in the form of a comprehensive IT business management (ITBM) strategy can help IT elevate its role within the organization and help drive overall corporate success.
In shifting to an ITBM posture, our IT leaders can:
• More clearly convey the value of IT for business executives
• Put in place solutions for efficiently managing IT cost, quality, and performance
• Align IT with enterprise goals and enhance decision-making capabilities
• Increase business value and lower costs by integrating governance and execution
The work you’ll do:
• Practitioners work collaboratively with the client leaders to enable IT to operate like a business rather than a cost center by sharpening the focus on business-driven IT strategy, organizational capabilities, and planning and delivery processes.
• Practitioners are expected to own, manage, and deliver executable strategies to enhance the effectiveness and alignment of IT with the business.
• The deep technology experience combined with practical business strategy knowledge of our practitioners helps our clients to develop differentiated services in the following areas: IT Governance, Operating and Delivery Models, IT Service Management, Project Portfolio Management, IT Cost Optimization, and IT Financial Transparency.
Technology Strategy & Architecture
Technology strategy and architecture specialists help organizations develop the strategies and implement the systems that build business value and drive performance. We have the in-depth knowledge and experience gained from working on some of the most complex IT challenges around the globe, everything from system replacement to full IT transformation.
On Career Growth:
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, there’s always room to learn. This consulting firm’s professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day.
They offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at this consulting firm’s university, the professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout your career.
This consulting firm offers employees a broad range of benefits.
6+ years of relevant consulting or industry experience
A minimum of 2 full life cycle implementations
A willingness to travel 80 – 100% of the time (Monday – Thursday/Friday)
Ability to work independently and manage complex teams
Strong oral and written communication skills, including presentation skills
Ability to articulate leading business issues and trends, including the associated technology implications within one or more industries
Strong program management skills with experience managing and delivering complex and critical programs
Must have participated in one or more projects involving:
Engagements: Current State Assessment, Future State Design, Roadmap Development, Health Check, Service Catalog Design, Application Alignment, Data Management Strategy, Process Maturity, Process and Tool Deployment.
Process Frameworks: IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL), ISO 20000, COBiT
ITIL: Service Strategy, Service Design, Service Transition, Service Operation, Continual Service Improvement and the processes in each of these five lifecycle phases
IT Service Management Tools: ServiceNow and others
Common IT Operations Subareas: Service Catalog Management, Service Level Management and Metrics, Security Management, Operational Metrics, Operational Governance
IT Cost Optimization and Effectiveness
IT Governance, Operating Model, and Delivery Model
IT Financial Management – IT financial dashboards, charge back models, and IT cost management
Technology Management Optimization
Enterprise Demand and Project Portfolio Management
Experience with ITIL Strategy
A Bachelor’s Degree
Ability to work independently and manage multiple task assignments
Strong oral and written communication skills, including presentation skills (MS Visio, MS PowerPoint)
Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills with the ability to exercise mature judgment
Eagerness to mentor junior staff
An advanced degree in the area of specialization (MBA Preferred)
Experience with ITSM tools (ServiceNow and others)
TRI International, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.