A healthcare data company is seeking a Technical Writer to join their team. This is an excellent opportunity for you to leverage your technical expertise and gain new experience in the world of hosted and managed services while being part of the healthcare revolution to the Cloud.
The ideal candidate will have experience managing and drafting document requirements and working with Subject Matter Experts on breaking down and mapping software and/or service processes. We are looking for people that want to always be doing more and learning more and are willing to work to make it happen.
• Makes decisions about the best content management system to use for specific products.
• Provides solutions to documentation defects.
• Reviews, edits and tests documentation.
• Manages work plans through the entire software development process.
• Utilizes information design principles to better convey information to the audience.
• Understands Agile software development methodology and processes.
• Demonstrates proficiency with various authoring tools and documentation control processes.
• Collaborates with other technical writers and other cross-functional team members within the business to drive outcomes.
• Assists in the development and implementation of the user documentation strategy.
Something to look forward to:
• A dynamic company that rewards high-performers
• Collaborative team environment that values multiple perspectives and fresh thinking
• Be on the cutting edge of new technologies and services
• Business-casual dress code
• Flexible working hours
• Servant leadership Management
• Medical, Dental, Vision, HSA, Life and 401K
• Stock options
• Unlimited Vacation!
• Competitive base, commission and bonus structure
• Bachelor’s Degree in English or related field such as Communications, Journalism, etc. or a Bachelor’s Degree in a non-related field with 4 years of experience in technical writing
• Possesses excellent writing skills, namely a command of grammar, and the conventions and best practices of writing an array of technical documents
• Minimum of 2 years’ experience writing and editing technical publications and/or software documentation
• Demonstrated knowledge of various content management systems
• Ability to grasp complex technical concepts and translate into clear and easy to understand documentation and manuals
• Proven ability to work independently and in teams
• Experience writing documentation for products or procedures in a regulated industry
• Experience writing technical documentation and service manuals for medical production