The Role: Senior UX Designer
The Location: Austin, TX
Number of Openings: 5
We are currently seeking excellent Sr. UX Designers who will lead the design, usability, and accessibility for multiple projects and critical programs for a global car manufacturer in Austin, TX. You will work with product management, development, and business stakeholders to drive a user-centered design approach.
We are looking for passionate, yet pragmatic design leaders who can analyze customer needs and behaviors, identify problem-solving opportunities, and successfully transform requirements into intuitive and elegant user experiences.
- 9+ years’ experience as a Senior or Principal UX Designer, encompassing a wide range of UX, IX, Visual, and IA disciplines
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Human Factors, Psychology, Design, or equivalent
- Expertise with design tools (i.e., Illustrator, Photoshop, XD, etc.) and advanced prototyping skills with tools (i.e., Axure, Sketch, Balsamiq, etc.)
- Extensive experience with “Concept-to-Release,” designing enterprise applications with technical users, as well as customer-facing projects
- Comfortable with blank-slate initiatives, as well as on-going established projects
- A strong portfolio of work demonstrating a history of creating user-centered designs that illustrate the ability to turn requirements into creative solutions
- Experience working on cross-functional, multi-disciplinary teams of designers, developers, project owners/managers, and business stakeholders
- Proven track record of working with technically complex systems and on multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience designing in a variety of form factors, including desktop, responsive web and mobile platforms
- Solid understanding of how the user-centered design process drives design thinking and implementation
- Innovative data visualization skills
- Experience developing and executing on a UX research and usability testing roadmap with a clear understanding of usability heuristics
- Exemplary interpersonal, presentation, and written communication skills; ability to effectively communicate designs, ideas, and concepts to team, IT and business partners and influence key stakeholders
- History of championing and evangelizing UX best practices and design patterns, as well as firm working knowledge of usability principles and techniques
- Strong attention to detail and passionate problem-solver with critical thinking skills
- Flexible in navigating projects within Agile and Waterfall development methodologies
- Fluency in i18n and localization best practices and and WCAG Level AA accessibility requirement standards
TRI International, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.